Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Beta Culture

Very few things are ever perfect the first time. Nick Butler's Head trip began while I was living in Los Angeles, it was a way to reflect on my past and develop my art for the future. The concept bounced between ideas. It began as a autobiographical comic book, evolved into a narrative about vampires, to anthology of my works in progress. Allowing the community a view into your process is not a new thing. There have always been making of documentaries and DVD extras, but now people are actively involved in the production of some products, and services. This is the Beta culture, products and services taking advantage of their user community to do pre-release testing. Gmail was in beta for 5 years proudly wearing the stamp next to its logo. When Gmail came out of beta they gave users the ability to maintain the beta tag. My life is perpetually in beta, and I am ok with it. I have been working to finish projects, but a project is only really finished when your not allowed to work on it any more.

Here is a look into my first official art website from 2004: Nick Butler's Head Trip

No comments: