Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

Working in Circles

I am kind of ADHD when it comes to creating my works. I have come to understand that I have a pattern of getting intensely into something then dropping it for the next shinny thing that catches my eye. How do I make this work for me you ask? Well, I keep a bunch of projects going at once. If I am in the mood for sword fighting, it's Love and the Blade, and if I want Sci-fi romance I jump to Path 2 Nowhere, and for a little gun play I can always revisit 2Wicky. Nick Butler's Head Trip is good for when I've got nothing in particular, and I just want to draw something sexy and cool. I have been working on these stories since I was 27, living in LA, but tomorrow I'm turning 34. I used to say to myself, "if you don't have your life figured out by the time your 35 then you have failed." Well, what I have learned over the last 7 years is that, things take a long time to finish if you want them done right, you can't do anything alone, and life happens don't let it stand in your way. I have enjoyed watching my art and my emotional intelligence grow over the last few years. This maturity has made its way into all of my projects. Just as I have grown and become more full, so have the characters in my story. Each of them representing some aspect of my life that has challenged me or carried me. I look forward to seeing these projects get completed, but until then I will bounce around them, slowly polishing until they are ready to enter the world as fully developed pieces of artistic entertainment.
Enjoy.

No comments: