Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Project Prioritization

There is nothing more important in the process of creative works then to, "getting it done," and I forgot that from time to time. I usually have more then 5 projects going at one time, and occasionally I switch without even realizing it. I read some where that important projects trump urgent ones, so I have put aside my portfolio for a moment and refocused my energy on the completion of the Nick Butler's Head Trip, my open source comic anthology.

I am currently registered for two conventions and I have pending third convention in October on the east coast, VACOMICON. So the completion of this book is of the highest priority. While developing the book I am going to do my best to create tutorials and point out others that I find useful.

My younger brother is a artist as well, and has expressed that he doesn't quite understand MyPaint. It is my primary tool, and perhaps the best digital drawing application I have ever use. It offers an infinite canvas which I believe makes it ideal for doodling, and then transitioning into actual production work on the same canvas. Imagine an infinite piece of butcher. Here is a basic getting started guide on the MyPaint website.

I hope to have two pages finished by the end of the week. So stay tuned.

No comments: