Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

The Horror

So I have been pretty lax on posting to my blog. Well I haven't been slipping, I have been busy working on a horror movie. I met some old friends at Siggraph and one of them hooked me up with a company. Not sure how much I can talk about it, but we are doing kind of a Silent Hill sort of thing. I am not a horror movie fan, but I do love film making so I am getting into character. My favorite horror movie is Evil Dead, the first version. A friend and I watched it all the time when we were living in Germany, and this was probably the only horror movie I enjoyed until I saw Shaun of the Dead. I have never really like blood and guts, but I am starting to understand the draw to it. The ability to make some thing look convincingly disturbing is hard work. I was always able to tolerate Evil Dead because the effects were so bad you laughed your way through. Well, this is a good thing for a chicken like me, bad for the special effects team. Now I am on the other side of the coin and I don't want you to laugh, but feel free if you are a veteran and nothing phases you. Here is a still shot setting up the look and feel before we put it into motion. Enjoy.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've presented you with the Versatile Blogger's Award for your work here. Your thoughtfulness and creativity and wit are deserving of recognition! Thank you for sharing your wisdom with the rest of us!
Visit my 09-28-2011 post to see more about your award.
--Kathryn

http://kiwsparks.wordpress.com/2011/09/28/i-hereby-crown-myself-mistress-of-the-mess-ups-and-guru-of-good-intentions/