Pages

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Back into the Groove

hippybro.deviantart.com
Back in February my life experienced a number of major changes. Our family had a new addition, Oroonoko Butler, we move from my brother house to downtown, and I started a new position at work. Change can often be very difficult, but the human species is especially adapted to it. My life has always been in flux, the child of military parents, we were never in one place more then 4 years. Well, we are settled into our new place, my wife Bethany has a new degree, and I am returning to my mission to make my stories into comics. The Head Trip was a project that I conceived years ago while living in LA. Initially the book was going to combine all my stories into a single narrative that followed a depressive artist through his journeys in the city. I produced art and writing for the book, but it became overwhelming and fell off my radar. Well now it is back, I have decided to create a series of story sketches, giving the audience and chance to view into the mind Nick Butler. The sketches all center around love and relationships and are all based on my past. It is good to be back at it and having the support of family and friends pushing me down the road.

No comments: