Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Covering your bases

For the past 9 years I have been figuring out what it means to be an artist. This journey took me to many places in my artistic career, where I had to learn hard lessons of humility an patience. Part of that journey has been my attempt to create a book I called "Nick Butler's Head Trip." The book was supposed to be a semi-fiction autobiography following me on my journey through my time in Los Angeles. Well one thing I struggle with is the ability to stay on task, and so I would move between all my projects when I became bored with the one I was working on at the time. This led to creation of a lot of great stories, but also led to a lot of incomplete projects. Well I have decided to clear my plate by taking all these stories and compile them in to the new "Nick Butler's Head Trip." What I have realized these comic excepts better represent my journey then any single narrative. The stories directly correlate with my state of mine at the time I created it. For the cover shown here I have illustrated the characters from the stories chasing me down, and the stories that I have been keeping in my head spilling out to the world. This project has allowed me to move on. I can now look to the future to new projects and new opportunities.

No comments: